Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Addiction , Sleep , My Dad


Last night , i search for my friends in friendster until 3am .. kinda late .. i promised myself earlier that i would only play for 1 hour .... but doesnt seem to work .. The best way to make sure i sleep early is that switch off the comp before 10 pm .. Prevention is better than cure .. As i sit in front of the computer , i dont realise that time passes so quickly .. While studying , time passes so slowly @@ .. Isnt it true ?

Insufficient sleeping period will weaken your immune system ... For our age , the best is to sleep for at least 8 hours .. The brain functions at its best when it receives enough rest .. You will not feel sleepy during the class and be more alert ....Enough sleep can also reduce the risk of having heart disease and others ... My father cant sleep early .. usually around 11.30pm as he will be reading books before he sleeps .. he buys a lot of books !! price doesnt matter , just make sure it helps him .. If I ask him to buy book , he definitely will buy for me without a second thought !! .. If i ask him to buy games , he will give a second thought .. Once in a while ( special occasion / excellent result ) , he will buy .. or not i have to share money with my bros and mum to buy ... Once he gives the money , he wont take it back ...he knows i wont spend it unnecessary .. he never hesitate to donate money to the poor .. During the Wesak day , he would give money to me and ask me to donate it to the beggars while im young.. he want to instill generosity in us .. has been practising this for years ..
He came from a poor family .. he didnt have money to pursue his tertiary study .. he worked and studied all by himself .. Maybe this does influence me .. He became a manager at such a young age ( 25 years old ).. he has to bear the cost of living of his mum and bros ... Thus , diligence is the mother of good fortune is very suitable for my dad .... he was one of the top students in Methodist Boy School .. he always stresses the importance of english ... coz he realises nowadays , the fresh graduates cant even speak simple english .. especially the accountants .. He told me a story of his worker : the worker wanted to say that the company suffers loss but he said " the company get lost " @@ ... and some also dont know the meaning of pail !!
He advises me to check dictionary frequently .. at his age , he still learns english .. learning is lifelong process ..

No comments: